SudokuSolver Forum

A forum for Sudoku enthusiasts to share puzzles, techniques and software
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:05 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:01 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

1. I imported a Clover puzzle today (Windoku+Asterisk), and decided the background colors were a little too "busy" for my tastes, so I tried to change them to all white (except for the Asterisk cells). However, the color changes won't stay for the three lower option boxes--they keep reverting to the program defaults as soon as I exit the display options window.

2. When I tried to change the lower right color in the manual coloring section (of display options), it changed the bottom center color instead. Clicking the "Default" button does NOT immediately restore the original colors to the manual coloring section (although they are restored after doing some other things), but it DOES immediately restore the original colors in the background colors section.

3. Custom-defined colors disappear from the palette as soon as they're used (revert to default).

This is SudokuSolver v3.2.1.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:28 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

MORE:

Taking out the nonet background colors messes up Disjoint Groups puzzles. Is there any way to simply NOT put background colors into Clover puzzles? I think the Asterisk cells (including those in the Clover puzzles) are handled by the "cell background" option instead of the "nonet backgrounds" option, and that can stay as is.

(As you can see, I'm playing around with a lot of different variants this week, so I'm putting SudokuSolver through its paces.)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:08 pm 
Site Admin

enxio27 wrote:
1. I imported a Clover puzzle today (Windoku+Asterisk), and decided the background colors were a little too "busy" for my tastes, so I tried to change them to all white (except for the Asterisk cells). However, the color changes won't stay for the three lower option boxes--they keep reverting to the program defaults as soon as I exit the display options window.

2. When I tried to change the lower right color in the manual coloring section (of display options), it changed the bottom center color instead. Clicking the "Default" button does NOT immediately restore the original colors to the manual coloring section (although they are restored after doing some other things), but it DOES immediately restore the original colors in the background colors section.

3. Custom-defined colors disappear from the palette as soon as they're used (revert to default).

This is SudokuSolver v3.2.1.

Yikes! Found the little bug there and I now have a fix for it