SudokuSolver Forum

A forum for Sudoku enthusiasts to share puzzles, techniques and software
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:01 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:10 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Just like in here I created 3 Clueless Explosion puzzles, each with 2 given clues. The first 2 (NC AK AN & FNC AK AN) correspond to the Clueless Special puzzles there. The 3rd one (FNC AK X) doesn't produce a Clueless Special, and is the most intriguing set of rules I'm studying lately. For one, it also implies Windoku, Disjoint Groups and a whole bunch of other constraints! :uberviking:

Unfortunately, the explosion grid for the 3rd one doesn't preserve the whole set of rules (it's AK but not FNC or X) and it's impossible to make it do so. But I think it is still very valuable as the "road map" of the 72 9x9 solution grids for this set of rules (like I stated in the other thread). Plus it's very neat I get a unique solution when I apply the "AK across borders of grids" restriction (at par with the other 2 CE puzzles but impossible with the 2 CS puzzles).

So here they are, in all of their glory:

(Earlier faulty puzzle)

And once again, text format for the really lazy: :santa:

.................................................................................
.................................................................................
............4.......5............................................................

............3.......5............................................................

............3.......7............................................................

Lastly, solution pics:

Clueless Explosion NC AK AN:
Hidden Text:

Clueless Explosion FNC AK AN:
Hidden Text:

Clueless Explosion FNC AK X:

PS:
And with this post I "earned" the rank of "Addict"... Well, as if I don't realise I'm already one long before! :king:

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:40 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Just discovered my earlier version of the 3rd puzzle here (FNC AK X) doesn't have a unique solution, but have FIVE solutions instead. :bigoops: :salute: :oops:

So to make amends I posted another one with an extra constraint: the "\" diagonal must have no repeat. The ensuring solution is also different from the one I showed earlier. :geek:

Given there are only 9 essentially different 9x9 solution grids upon reflecting/rotation under the FNC AK X constraints, which are all given as the 9 subgrids of my proposed solution, it's quite an interesting (and human-solvable) challenge to work out all 5 solutions by moving around those subgrids. 2 of the 5 solutions are already given here (one shown as a pic, one available throgh a link). :ugeek: