SudokuSolver Forum

A forum for Sudoku enthusiasts to share puzzles, techniques and software
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Where's Jean-Christophe?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:47 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Has anyone seen him on the net anywhere recently? The last time he logged in here was 26 December 2008, and other sudoku sites I looked at seem to have nothing from him since about September 2008. There's no contact info on his JSudoku Web site.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:45 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

enxio27 wrote:
Has anyone seen him on the net anywhere recently? The last time he logged in here was 26 December 2008, and other sudoku sites I looked at seem to have nothing from him since about September 2008. There's no contact info on his JSudoku Web site.
HERE Børge wrote:
Another forum member contacted me via a PM in February, asking if I new of any way to contact J-C. I found an e-mail address in a bonsai trees (very small trees) forum. I have just sent this forum member an express e-mail, asking if there was any success getting in contact with J-C.
The reply unfortunately suggest that Jean-Christophe has been infected with what now is commonly known as "Ruud's Syndrome", which also seems to have gotten the better of Glyn and mhparker :pallid:
If Nasenbaer also has been infected with this hideous stuff, he at least seems to be partially on the mend.
The rate with which this disease is spreading (300%-400% y/y) is alarming and threatens to decimate further sudoku Internet fora. Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:28 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Jean-Christophe seems to have gotten new interests influenced by the current economic crises: http://jcbonsai.free.fr/cc/
My French has gotten somewhat rusty, so I do not understand everything.

On 2009/03/25 he wrote a comment post here:
http://209.85.129.132/search?q=cache:A- ... en&ct=clnk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:11 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Børge wrote:
The reply unfortunately suggest that Jean-Christophe has been infected with what now is commonly known as "Ruud's Syndrome", which also seems to have gotten the better of Glyn and mhparker :pallid:

:cry: Not good! I finally managed to find an email address for J-C and emailed him, but so far I haven't received a reply.

Quote:
If Nasenbaer also has been infected with this hideous stuff, he at least seems to be partially on the mend.

Has he been gone lately, as well?!

Quote:
The rate with which this disease is spreading (300%-400% y/y) is alarming and threatens to decimate further sudoku Internet fora.

I sincerely hope it doesn't infect Richard, too! I for one very much appreciate his giving us a home here for the last year (not to mention his excellent software!).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:17 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

enxio27 wrote:
Børge wrote:

I finally managed to find an email address for J-C and emailed him, but so far I haven't received a reply.
This is one of the symptoms indicating "Ruud's Syndrome".
E-mails received from former sudoku fellows are not answered (probably just deleted unread). Same goes for snail mail.

enxio27 wrote:
Børge wrote:
Has he been gone lately, as well?!
For almost four months (2008/11/07 through 2009/02/26) he posted no posts. He then posted:
HERE Nasenbaer wrote:
After a longer period of no-sudoku this was a good puzzle to find the way back. Hopefully I'll find the time to contribute a new puzzle in a couple of weeks (after I've solved some older ones).
After 2009/03/02 he has not logged in to the forum.

enxio27 wrote:
Børge wrote:
The rate with which this disease is spreading (300%-400% y/y) is alarming and threatens to decimate further sudoku Internet fora.
I sincerely hope it doesn't infect Richard, too! I for one very much appreciate his giving us a home here for the last year (not to mention his excellent software!).
I agree 100% percent.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:17 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
I sincerely hope it doesn't infect Richard, too!

I'm still here! Not planning to go anywhere. Just sorry I've not been able to be so active on the forum myself the past few months due to long hours at work.

Rgds
Richard