SudokuSolver Forum

A forum for Sudoku enthusiasts to share puzzles, techniques and software
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:57 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: FORUM RANKS.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:31 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

To avoid the wrath of some die hard assassins here, I have taken the liberty of "moving" the forum ranks discussion here. Off topic posts in Assassin 115 "Beijing" were not taken kindly to.

Here all the posts in Assassin 175 "Rays" Series regarding this topic so far:
udosuk wrote:
PS: This series should hopefully witness a certain member in this forum promoted to the ultimate rank of "Grand Master"! :mrgreen:
Børge wrote:
The only thing I don't like about this forum is that there does not seem to be any ranks above "Grand Master" :doh: :rambo:
Andrew wrote:
Would that be a good idea?

When we were on Ruud's site there was a strange Japanese(?) title after Grand Master. I was glad that I never posted enough messages there to reach that level. I was happy to stay at Grand Master.

Grand Master seems to me that it ought to be the ultimate title. If there were to be one more beyond that I would suggest Champion but only to the one person with the most posts and that if that person was overtaken then the title would be handed over and the previous Champion revert to Grand Master.

If there are any plans for further levels of title I suggest that Richard might hold a poll to find which title is favoured and possibly also provide the option for people to vote against some possible titles.
Andrew, your suggestions are fine with me.

If there are no ranks above "Grand Master", I in retrospect would say that Richard hands out the five ranks Regular, Addict, Expert, Master and Grand Master too easy, i.e. it requires too few posts to get each of them. Grand Master should require minimum 500 post, probably even 1000.
But I presume that Richard just uses the defaults of phpBB.

Post subject: Re: FORUM RANKS.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:52 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

You're obviously the biggest contributor in this forum, considering week in and week out you post various samurai/clueless puzzles, accounting to the ~600 posts you have accumulated so far. So if Richard decides to award you a special rank to honour that huge contribution (e.g. "Legendary Contributor"), I have no problem with that whatsover.

Just want to say for us "normal posters" we can never achieve that kind of post counts during that span of time (an average of 1.12 posts per day :!:). :salute:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:27 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I agree with udosuk. There are only a few members in this forum who have "lots of" posts (e.g. >= 100), so I think the ranks are fine as they are, at least for the ones with a "small" amount of posts. And you have to remember that this forum has only few posts compared to other forums (Borge's average posts per day is quite small compared the other forums I'm visiting where 20-30 posts per day isn't that rare), so the ranks should be achievable in an acceptable time.

We could either add some further ranks for 500, 1000 and maybe 2500 or 5000 posts (I can only guess who will be the first to achieve that ;)) or, like udosuk and Andrew suggested, we could add a further title for the one member who has the most posts. Or we could do nothing . :cheesey:

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:19 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

In the sudoku.com forum, I have 2831 posts (accumulated over 4+ years), averaging 1.84 posts per day and I'm only #3 on the list of most posted members. But then again, that forum has 10000+ members and 70000+ posts where as this forum has 78 members and 3000+ posts.

Afmob, so you decided to post your milestone 200th posts in here of all places. :!: I thought you might have been reserving it for your own Assassin 176 thread. Then again, not many pay attention to petty details like that. :geek:

So I have to congratulate you here: welcome to join the exclusive class of Grand Masters! :cheers: