SudokuSolver Forum

A forum for Sudoku enthusiasts to share puzzles, techniques and software
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sudocue.net - Ten Years
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:36 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Next month marks ten years since the owner of the Sudocue.net site, Ruud van der Werf, disappeared from the sudoku scene into the ether without any warning whatsoever. Apparently he moved on to other interests. (We have it on good authority that he was alive and well at least six months after his disappearance.)

I am grateful that at least the Sudocue.net site is still up and the puzzles and software are still available, even though no new puzzles or software versions are being generated. It also appears that perhaps Ruud returned at some point (or authorized someone to do so on his behalf) during 2016 to update some links (especially to the software and puzzle collections formerly stored on the sudokuvault site).

Ruud, a very heartfelt thank you for your contributions to the sudoku world. I hope you continue to be well and happy in whatever endeavors you are now pursuing. If you are reading this and would consider allowing someone else to take ownership of the Sudocue.net site so that it can be continued into perpetuity, I would like to recommend Jason Linhart of enjoysudoku.com . I believe he has the knowledge, resources, time, and respect for your work to do it justice.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:11 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Incredible how 10 years has flown. Thanks for the reminder. We started the Assassins here on May 2, 2008 Good to hear that Enjoy Sudoku is still going strong.

A special thanks to Richard for this site continuing here for 10 years!! Its given endless hours of headaches, enjoyment and pride to me.

Cheers
Ed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:36 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Ed wrote:
Incredible how 10 years has flown. Thanks for the reminder. We started the Assassins here on May 2, 2008 Good to hear that Enjoy Sudoku is still going strong.

A special thanks to Richard for this site continuing here for 10 years!! Its given endless hours of headaches, enjoyment and pride to me.

:applause: I, too, am very grateful to Richard for starting this forum and giving us all a sudoku home when it appeared that the Sudocue site would go dark. This forum and the one at Enjoy Sudoku are about the only ones of any consequence remaining (at least in the English language). I've spent many enjoyable hours here and on the puzzles posted here. Richard, I know you have been busy with other activities and obligations, but I want you to know that your efforts here and with SudokuSolver are very much appreciated.