SudokuSolver Forum

A forum for Sudoku enthusiasts to share puzzles, techniques and software
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:27 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:19 pm 

I worked up a one page blank on spreadsheet because I couldn't find one. I will offer it to any replier in any dot extension for the asking.
I have .xlr, .wks, .cvs, .txt, .xls, .wk1. This might be redundant to many but .....
email: jacksdvds@yahoo.com

I am interested to know if @if formulas would work to eliminate candidates in this format.
I love em but they frustrate the .ell out of me when I error.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:02 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Not sure what you're saying here. Is this a puzzle that you are working on that you converted to a spreadsheet? Are you trying to create a solver using Excel or similar?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:33 pm 

I was simply tired of not finding a blank with candidates when I wanted to solve a samarai puzzle. So I made one and am offering it to anyone that requests it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:59 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

jacksdvds wrote:
I was simply tired of not finding a blank with candidates when I wanted to solve a samarai puzzle. So I made one and am offering it to anyone that requests it.

So this is a samurai puzzle that you created? Or did you take an existing puzzle and put it into a spreadsheet format with pencil marks?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:56 pm 

This is a BLANK with candidates that a solver can add any any puzzle to and begin solving. Then the solver can print a paper copy. IMHO, the only way to enjoy doing them.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:06 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

jacksdvds wrote:
This is a BLANK with candidates that a solver can add any any puzzle to and begin solving. Then the solver can print a paper copy. IMHO, the only way to enjoy doing them.

Ahh. I see. Can your spreadsheet import puzzles in line code format (81 characters per grid), or do you have to type in each of the givens yourself?

I usually use SudokuSolver (written by the owner of this forum) to import puzzles (of all types, including samurai) in line code and print the puzzles with the candidates. For puzzles that don't come with a line code, he has an OCR-type program (called SudokuGrabber) that will "read" the puzzle image (one grid at a time) and convert it into line code.