SudokuSolver Forum

A forum for Sudoku enthusiasts to share puzzles, techniques and software
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: SudokuSolver
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:01 am 
Site Admin

enxio27 wrote:
1. Print each grid of a multi-grid puzzle, one grid per sheet of paper, full-size (8"x11" in the U.S., A4 or whatever is standard elsewhere). Currently, SS prints grids too small to be useful (to me, anyway).
This option is already there in the print dialog box. Select the option "All Grids" instead of "Composite Grid" and you get each grid of a multi-grid on a separate page.

Quote:
2. Upon exporting candidates, enable selection (via CTRL-A or similar) of entire block (for copying to Windows clipboard)
Very easily done. You should note the SudokuSolver already automatically puts this data onto the clipboard for you.

Quote:
And a bug:

Export of solution seems to not be working (at least for Samurai). Instead, it exports the unsolved puzzle code for the upper-left grid, 5 identical rows.
Thanks - I'll track this down and fix it.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:11 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

rcbroughton wrote:
enxio27 wrote:
1. Print each grid of a multi-grid puzzle, one grid per sheet of paper, full-size (8"x11" in the U.S., A4 or whatever is standard elsewhere). Currently, SS prints grids too small to be useful (to me, anyway).
This option is already there in the print dialog box. Select the option "All Grids" instead of "Composite Grid" and you get each grid of a multi-grid on a separate page.

I'm sorry; I guess I wasn't very clear. I want the grid to fill the page (at least the width of it), with maybe a 1/4" (6cm) margin on each side. It would be nice to be able to turn off the color, as well. A minor niggle: it would also be nice to have the option to print naked singles as candidates rather than full-size.

rcbroughton wrote:
enxio27 wrote:
2. Upon exporting candidates, enable selection (via CTRL-A or similar) of entire block (for copying to Windows clipboard)
Very easily done. You should note the SudokuSolver already automatically puts this data onto the clipboard for you.

Sometimes it seems that it doesn't work properly (i.e. doesn't actually make it to the clipboard). I'll have to do some more testing.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 4:13 pm 
Site Admin

enxio27 wrote:
I'm sorry; I guess I wasn't very clear. I want the grid to fill the page (at least the width of it), with maybe a 1/4" (6cm) margin on each side.
You mean bigger than this . . .

Attachment:
Sudoku Solver Puzzle.pdf [78.05 KiB]
Downloaded 687 times

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:22 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

rcbroughton wrote:
enxio27 wrote:
I'm sorry; I guess I wasn't very clear. I want the grid to fill the page (at least the width of it), with maybe a 1/4" (6cm) margin on each side.
You mean bigger than this . . .

Attachment:
Sudoku Solver Puzzle.pdf

Yes, please! Fill the whole sheet of paper with one grid. 1/4"-1/2" (.6cm-1.25cm) margin on the sides, with maybe a 1" (2.5cm) margin (plus puzzle title) at the top. Obviously there will be some space at the bottom of the page, since the grid is square. The way it prints out now, there is a full 2" (5cm) margin on each side of the page. That makes the grid (especially pencil marks) too small.

BTW, I forgot the decimal in my previous post--it should read .6cm, not 6cm.