SudokuSolver Forum

A forum for Sudoku enthusiasts to share puzzles, techniques and software
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: JSudoku
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:07 pm 
Expert
Expert

Børge wrote:
If you select Difficulty MEDIUM, the Solvers list contains a sub menu Medium. Is this correct?
YES :whistle:
RTFM wrote:
In addidtion to the sequence of allowed solving techniques, you may also specify sub-sets of techniques
As an example, you may inspect the Medium build-in difficulty
See here

Børge wrote:
When trying to minimize the Solvers list (independent of the selected Difficulty) often a large part of the Preferences window turns blue and locks up:
That's terrible! :shock: No such problems on the Mac. However, I get same problem on my Windows PC, so I can reproduce it and hopefully find the cause. As a turn around, try to resize and/scroll the list. Also clicking on the right-hand size column might help :?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:17 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Jean-Christophe wrote:
As a turn around, try to resize and/scroll the list.
The best WORK around [AFAIK a turn around is something quite different ;)] is to scroll the menu window and then maximize and minimize Givens. The menu item "Expert options" seems to have the same problem as "Solvers list".

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:31 pm 
Addict
Addict

I input a killer, then click "Recursively Solve". I then find that one cage contains an incorrect total.

How do I rectify the cage total?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:24 pm 
Expert
Expert

OldGrantonian wrote:
I input a killer, then click "Recursively Solve". I then find that one cage contains an incorrect total.

How do I rectify the cage total?

You may delete the wrong cage using alt-right-click and select Remove: Cage...
Then you may input the cage again.

PS I've released version 1.4b2 which should fix the problems mentioned by Børge.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:12 pm 
Addict
Addict

In the attached jSudoku, the status line shows that I am prevented from inserting "6" in R2C7.

This is a gross violation of my human rights, because it matches the solved puzzle on the left.

Can I have my money back?

http://www.mediafire.com/?4b7gducbler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:35 pm 
Expert
Expert

OldGrantonian wrote:
In the attached jSudoku, the status line shows that I am prevented from inserting "6" in R2C7.

This is a gross violation of my human rights, because it matches the solved puzzle on the left.
The message is correct. Placing a 6 in R2C7 would leave no place for a 7 in C7. This is your mistake since you removed 7 from R7C7

OldGrantonian wrote:
Can I have my money back?.
Certainly not! Even if you're a Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:59 pm 
Addict
Addict

Jean-Christophe wrote:
The message is correct. Placing a 6 in R2C7 would leave no place for a 7 in C7. This is your mistake since you removed 7 from R7C7

I was hoping nobody would notice that :oops:

The smiley on the right reminds me of my mother-in-law. :applause:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:54 pm 
Addict
Addict

For operations involving "Show Combinations", it would be grand if the log entries for that specific operation were separated from the previous entries. The separation could be a blank line, or a line of "------------" (which would be my choice).

Reason:

When using "Show Combinations", it's sometimes difficult to visually isolate the last lines in the log that specifically refer to the last operation. There can be several log pages for "Show Combinations > Selected Cells". So I need to scroll up to find the first lines that result from the last operation, then scroll back down to find the lines for my specific combination.

In fact, just before I perform "Show Combinations", I manually insert "---------" in the log.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:14 pm 
Expert
Expert

Version 1.5b1 released

Added support for Square Wisdom alias Kenken.
Added support for ratio constraints.
Added support for Girandola extra groups. Also for overlapping variants.
Added support to mix different kinds of extra groups. EG disjoint groups + asterisk.
Added support for Gattai-Near-2, Wing-3 and some huge overlapping variants: Gattai-8, Shogun, Sumo, Shaolin.
Added option to the Preferences dialog for pencil marks style: “Pack & size to fit cell” (as in old version), “Fixed location & size” or “Dots”.
Added option to the Grid dialog to display letters for values >= 10 or decimal numbers.

See my web site for details.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:12 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Jean-Christophe wrote:
Version 1.5b1 released
:applause: Some great stuff has been added in this release:
  1. The ability to move a group of solvers or several individual solvers simultaneously.
  2. Support for huge overlapping variants like Gattai-8, Shogun, Sumo and Shaolin.

The only problem with huge overlapping variants like Shaolin is that you need a VERY big screen to be able to see the pencil marks.
Hopefully in the next release it will be possible to make the grid larger than the main window and scroll any part of it into view.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next