PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:27 pm 

:bigoops: OBVIOUSLY I need to figure out how to post the screen shot image

RON

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:17 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

RON wrote:
Here is a screen shot.

I'm sorry--that image is only on your own computer. No one else can see it unless you upload somewhere (such as imgur, etc.) and give us the link.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:33 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Two questions about SS scoring:

1. Is mhparker's or Ed's technique sequence (for solving/scoring) already the default in SS v3.6.3, or is there somewhere I can see it or download it?

2. Is there any way to toggle techniques that are used only for killers, rather than having to toggle each one manually?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:00 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi enxio
1. Yes it is in the current release. If you get this message in the pic below and select "yes", (which I just notice has changed, it used to say something about "default scoring") it will switch to the scoring order.

Alternatively, go to Solver menu>options>scoring radio button at the bottom. Once I have selected the scoring order when I first download a new version of SS, I then click Save so that it automatically does the scoring order and I don't get the message.

2. Not sure if I understand you properly - but you can select whatever routines you want (from Solver menu>options), then tick or untick or move them up and down the list. Then, you can export that list so that you can import it later (or save it if you are going to use it regularly). See pic below.

I've attached an order that I used to do the samurai's to do "all simple" so that I could just work on the hard bit, or to find out if I had cracked the puzzle and it would solve with "all simple" techniques.

Download the attachment on this post to your computer then Import from the Solver>options spot. Hope this helps.

Cheers
Ed

Attachments:
SSS routine.solveroptions [1.74 KiB]
Downloaded 934 times
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:28 pm 
Regular
Regular

I have written a sudoku solver software that can solve all the sudoku puzzles (even the hardest and toughest sudoku puzzles) from pure logic. I have implemented most of the advanced sudoku solving techniques (XY-wing, XYZ-wing, swordfish,jellyfish,squirmbag,nishio,bowman bingo,Adrianne's thread and many others) in my software. The source code of my sudoku software can be downloaded for free from my website :

sites.google.com/site/skjgeek

The sudoku solver software is better than most of the sudoku software available in the internet . I am working on developing a graphical user interface of my software that can give hint like other sudoku solvers.